Wednesday, January 25, 2012

i'm practicing being a better person on you.

revealing a new years resolution isn't the same as telling someone your birthday wish. it's not bad if you share it. in fact, i think it's actually a good thing to admit out loud, so that your close network of lovers and friends can evaluate your progress.

every year for the past five holidays, it goes without fail that i make a promise to myself to become a better person. it's oddly comforting and i genuinely tend to remember it when i'm disappointing others. but it hits with an especially higher form of consequence when i realize that i've let myself down.

my resolution popped into my mind this morning, but not as a result of something bad. it was because of the title to the wonderful new tennis jam.

tennis - "my better self"


-t