Monday, October 17, 2011

your looks have me putty in your hands now.

mayer hawthorne record release shows have a special place in my heart. for his debut release in 2009, my brother and i had a great time hanging around a bunch of red heart shaped balloons at the roxy. then sometime around midnight, i turned 25, drank my weight in whiskey and then proceeded to fall into my own kitchen sink (yes i said kitchen) to the utter delight of my brother at the end of the night.

while saturday night's celebration for his recently released how do you do, didn't cause me to fall into any appliances, it was still an amazing night of music. i've seen him perform a variety of times over the past few years and he's become such a polished and confident entertainer. blending the old, new and a few covers in a sharp red suit, it was quite the affair that concluded with a massive confetti explosion and his version of "i've got a crush on you".

and yes that is the set list, which now has a home on my fridge.

-t