Friday, December 31, 2010

rule number seventeen.

2010 has definitely been the year of the unpredictable. filled with sacrifice, adventure, apologies, gratitude and imagination, this year put me in situations i'll always remember and others i'll never shake off the feeling of regret. with only a few hours left, i felt the need to look back fondly and to thank my lucky stars for not totally abandoning me.

my favorite record of the year was lcd soundsystem's this is happening (kanye you only lost out by one point), my favorite movie was split between black swan and the social network, my favorite songs featured either guest verses from drake or nicki minaj, i rediscovered how enjoyable it was to come home to a roommate (or house guest), i learned to appreciate walking around LA and it's various modes of public transportation, i drank more coffee in the past 12 months than i probably had in 12 years combined and after rent and bills were paid, the most important thing in my life remained hundreds of inside jokes and the people i shared them with. my favorite concert was sxsw day 2, my favorite location is "pizza joint corner", i customized almost every present i made, mad men's "the suitcase" was the best hour of television all year and when i care about someone, loyalty and going that extra mile are essential ways to show it.

with each year comes change and this year's challenges has left me even more obsessed with the notion of trying to become a better person. don't let me let you down 2011.

love always,
t