Wednesday, September 22, 2010

here, there and everywhere.

today officially marks the first day of fall.

it has been quite the summer. one of the most transitional and important summers ive had to deal with in my 26 years. summer for me officially began on june 18th. but it wasn't because of the change in weather. it all started 2 weeks before that, when i was having lunch in the middle of a forrest, getting bombarded by bad news.

suddenly there were too many emotions, questions and emptiness. as a result, for the first time in a long time i made a decision strictly for myself. i decided to leave my job. i didn't have a plan and i was tired of thinking. i really needed a break and i needed time.

in 3 years of working, i had only taken one real vacation. it was time to explore, heal and move on. this summer ive spent more money than i made, i experienced the unknown - for better or worse, i said goodbye, i drank too much, i lost 3 pounds, i opened my home to guests, i made gifts, ive been sicker than ive ever been, i made lots of ramen, i was an emotional wreck, i popped bottles of champagne, i climbed 2 stories apartment complexes and i began freelancing with one of my favorite people, for a company i believe in and love like it is my own.

and despite the side eye glances, depressing bank statements and the occasional unfriendly encounter along the way - this summer was about me. and i really needed it.

thank you to those who understood and for those that didn't, i forgive you.

fall im ready for you, let's go.
-t