Tuesday, July 13, 2010

everyone who pretended to like me is gone.

filipinos have very particular traditions about death. after someone passes, you pray the rosary everyday for 10 days. family members gather upon tables of food and pray. even those (like my brother and myself) who no longer believe in organized religion, we still gather and in reverence, put our heads down and honor the departed. filipinos also recognize the 40th day. the 40th day since they left us. today marks that day for my tita babes. she was honestly one of the sweetest people i have ever come across and the third family member we've said goodbye to in three years. it never gets easier and the void never really finds time to heal. but i wanted to tell my uncle ray, my poppa kelly and my tita babes that none of you have been forgotten. we miss you like it was yesterday and we live knowing that you've all enriched us in your own ways.


-t